Market Terms & Conditions
By entering the event you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions as outlined by the guidelines.
STALL HOLDER INFO SHEET
Upon arrival you will join the queue lined up in the Sims IGA car park, accessible via Barkly St, and join the queue starting by 8am. No further stalls permitted access after 8:50am. If you are the first vehicle on site please remain safely parked ready for the queue behind you.
Your vehicle should be safely loaded with the merchandise you wish to sell as we do not permit extra products to be brought in after your car has entered the grounds, the car is then to be removed once it’s unloaded and can be parked in any available street parking, subject to parking restrictions. If in doubt please ask one of the site managers.
Upon entering the grounds you will show your payment receipt, which you will have ready to save time. All site require prepayment prior to arrival.
Once you have entered the grounds one of the site managers will lead you and your vehicle to your stall location, which you will be responsible for until the end of the market day.
Please note any illegal, pirated or otherwise naughty items will be confiscated and/or you will be asked to leave the market.
We advise sellers to have a cash float, generally a mix of coins and small notes as buyers like to all have $50 notes and expect everyone to have change. Management will not have any cash available for change.
A good TIP for the day is be nice and friendly to everyone and greet everyone with a smile.
Stall terms and Conditions;
Bookings are a MUST as the site space is limited.
- Grounds can be accessed from 8am until 8:50am by joining the queue on in the sims car park ready to be setup and ready to sell by 9:30am.
- Stall holders arriving after 8:50am will not be permitted ground access.
- Only items brought in your vehicle that fits within the set space of the market site of 3mx3m that day may be sold, any larger vehicles may incur extra charges.
- No pets or animals may be sold
- Rain or Shine the market will be on
- Management are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property
- No food, beverages, nicotine or alcohol can be sold without prior arrangement and approval from site Management. All liqour sales require a permit from VGLCR as well as approval from our management team.
- Bring everything you will need on the day. Management will not have change
- Marquees, tables and chairs may be available so check with organisers prior to event day to check rental prices.
- Once the market starts vehicles may NOT enter or be moved under any circumstances. Once the Market ends please pack up neatly and take all garbage with you and leave the area in a safe and orderly manner .
- Any illegal, pirated or otherwise naughty items will be confiscated and/or you will be asked to leave the market. We reserve the right to ask for inappropriate items to be removed from display. This is a day for all ages so lets please keep it clean.
- All unwanted or unsold goods or garbage are to be taken with you including, bags, tape, boxes, food waste
- Word of mouth is a powerful thing, we encourage stall holders to invite friends and family to come visit the market and the more people that come the more chances everyone will have to sell their products.
- Gold and jewellery can only be sold with prior arrangement
- ANY electrical items must have a safety tag stating they need to be tested before use.
- Please bring any lost and found items or people to management.
- Force Majeure. If the event is prevented or cancelled part way and fails to perform due any acts defined by act of god, rain, fire, floods, high winds or other natural disaster, malicious injury, strikes, lockouts or other labour troubles, riots, incursion, viral outbreak, war or other of like nature not the fault of the market or its managers and operators and not held liable for such incidents and loss of income or fees.
- All fees and payments must be made prior to entry via direct deposit no less than 2 days prior to the event day. Cancellation of bookings must be made within 48 hours of event and may incite a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations made less than 48hours notice will void refunds.
- Booking must be paid prior to arrival.
- Maribyrnong council has a ban on single use plastic‘s and balloons at all events in the Maribyrnong municipality. So no Single use plastic items maybe sold or handed out during the event. These include, but not limited to, plastic bags, cutlery, dining ware and any other item deemed as single use.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry
TIPS FOR THE DAY
• Arrive early and to the right location, Sims car park, accessible via Barkly St
• Don’t charge too much for an item the buyer can get for the same price in a shop new
• Customers will generally haggle, its fun, play with it
• Place interesting items up front to attract customers the show them your other hidden gems
• The event management are not your enemy, treat them with respect and they will treat you with respect
Remember to bring a water bottle, lunch, a hat and sunscreen, we will have food stalls but its not always easy to get the time to go food shopping. If you can bring a friend with you so you can take turns and stretch your legs.
COVID 19 Guidelines;
All personnel’s are required to check-in to the event, via QR code, this includes all patrons, sellers, staff, management.